This Privacy Statement is effective as of 20 February 2020.
At Terra Guidance, we are committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information while using our website, products or services. In this policy, Terra Guidance sets out how we collect and use personally identifiable information and personal data, including information that you provide to us.
Sometimes, we do need information to provide services that you request and this statement of privacy explains data collection and use in those situations.
The terms the “Company”, “we”, or “us” refer to Terra Guidance and its affiliates. The term “Personal Data” refers to data that identifies you personally, whether directly or indirectly, or in combination with other data available to us. The terms “site” or “Website” refer to https://terraguidance.com.
Your Acceptance of this Privacy Statement
Personal Data Terra Guidance Collects
We collect your “Personal Data” from you when you share it with us. We do not automatically collect any Personal data.
You may choose to share your Personal Data with us when you complete one of the following actions on this Website:
- Complete & submit the “Contact Us” form on the website
- Sign up for email updates
- Become a customer through the purchase of our services
- Contact us using our contact data
- Apply for employment
Our Website automatically logs certain, non-identifying data when a user browses our site. This data includes the pages visited on our site, the website which the user visited just prior to our site, and country of origin of the user. This non-identifying data is used only to identify problems with our web servers, to administer, design and construct our Website, to analyze traffic patterns on our Website, and to gather broad demographic data for aggregate use only.
Use of your Personal Information
We may use the personal information we collect from you to:
- make the Site easier for you to use by not making you enter your personal information more than once;
- help you quickly find services or information;
- provide you with products or services that you have ordered;
- help us troubleshoot any problems you might experience with our products and services;
- if you apply for a job vacancy on the Site, to assess your application and communicate with you about this;
- process your payments and purchases;
- help us create and deliver content most relevant to you through location customization, personalized help and instructions, and other ways to personalize your experiences while using the website;
- contact you to promote our products and services, as well as to alert you to special offers, updated information and other new services from Terra Guidance;
- help us optimize our customer and partner relationship management;
- improve your user experience with our websites, products and services both on an aggregated and individualized basis;
- comply with applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies.
Terra Guidance will not use personal information in a way that is incompatible with the purposes for which it has been collected or subsequently authorized by the individual.
We may periodically contact you by with promotional or news material about our company and our products which we think you may find interesting using the email address you have provided. If we do so, each marketing communication we send will contain instructions for opting out or revoking your consent to such communication.
Sharing your Personal Data
Terra Guidance may share or disclose your Personal Data with third parties as set forth below:
- Consent: We may transfer your Personal Data based on your express consent.
- Aggregated or Anonymized Data: We may share non-personally identifying data with our affiliates or third parties for business purposes.
- Business Transfers: In the event of corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution, bankruptcy, or other similar event, your Personal Data may be part of the transferred assets.
- Legal Obligation: We may disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a legal obligation, protect the rights or property of Terra Guidance, protect the personal safety of our customers or the public, or to protect against legal liability.
Terra Guidance will only share personal information to the extent needed to perform the uses listed above and will take such steps as are necessary to safeguard personal information. We not sell or rent personal information to third parties unless you have given us permission to do so.
Terra Guidance will employ reasonable precautions to protect personal information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. Such measures may include the use of password protection and restricting access to personal information to those with a legitimate purpose in receiving the information. Where required by applicable law, Terra Guidance also has in place data retention controls to ensure that personal data is not kept for longer than is necessary to carry out the purpose for which it was obtained.
Terra Guidance will take reasonable steps to accommodate privacy preferences, such as anonymizing certain information or assigning codes or pseudonyms when the actual names are not required for the purpose at hand.
Employees who have access to such personal information shall be trained regarding this Policy, advised that they are responsible for fully complying with the privacy principles articulated in this Policy and instructed that violations of these principles shall result in appropriate discipline up to and including termination.
While we take reasonable precautions against possible security breaches of our site and records, no website or Internet transmission is completely secure and we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss, or other breaches will never occur.
Our Website is controlled and operated by us from the United States. As a result, Personal Data you provide in connection with your use of this Website may be stored and processed in the United States or in any country in which we have facilities or engage service providers. By using our Website, you consent to the transfer of your Personal Information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States.
Our website may store some information on your computer in the form of a “Cookie”. A Cookie is a small text file that is saved locally to your computer and permits us to provide you with a more tailored user experience. You have a right to refuse to accept cookies by blocking them in your internet browser. However you may then experience a reduced user experience since certain web pages may not be able to maintain your selected preference between page re-loads etc.
Questions and Complaints
If you have any questions or if you believe that the personal information that we hold about you has been compromised in any way, please contact us. We will respond to any question or complaint as soon as possible.